Tips and Tricks Question - gpedit.msc

Scarthy © ® ™ 14:25 03 Mar 03

Hi all,

I have been reading my Tips and Tricks Spring 2003 edition. On page 13, it describes a service on Windows XP called "Group Policy". To access it type "gpedit.msc" in the Run section of the start menu.

I have tried to do this and all I get is a pop-up box saying that it cannot be found. Is the service available for XP Home users or is it just for the XP Pro users??? I know that several services that are on XP Pro can be added to XP Home via the Windows Installation Disc (Windows Support Tools etc) and just wondered if the same applied to gpedit.msc???

Thanx in advance (;o)))

Tjsuk11 14:29 03 Mar 03

Out of luck i'm afaid. Gpedit is not on home version and cannot be installed afterwards as far as i know.
Shame as its a very useful tool.

powerless 14:32 03 Mar 03

"Group Policy Editor (Gpedit.msc) is not available on Windows XP Home Edition-based computers" From MS.

Scarthy © ® ™ 15:18 03 Mar 03

It is a shame then (:o((((

There was no mention of it only being for XP Pro in the magazine either...Ahhh well...

Thanx Guys (;o)))

Gaz 25 17:14 03 Mar 03

click here

$34 ot buy but htis is excellent click here

But a wonderful application here: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…