tips for site

stoned guy 23:46 01 May 05

Any tips on what could make it look better would be appreciated thanls.
click here

Forum Editor 00:47 02 May 05

are appearing in text form across the top and bottom of your pages, so you need to put that right. The homepage text contains typos, and there are grammatical errors. There's also some needless repetition, and apparent contradiction - you say:-

"Drive On Surfacing has been established for a number of years"

and later:- "We are a family run business with generations of experience...."

There's a big difference between a number of years and many generations.

I've taken the liberty of very quickly editing the text, and for what it's worth here's a rough idea of what I would suggest:-

"Welcome to the Drive On Surfacing web site, your one-stop-shop for

• Brick, block, and crazy paving.
• Patios, driveways, tarmac surfacing
• Groundwork services
• Landscaping
• Fencing
• Turf-laying.

Drive On Surfacing has been established for many years, during which time we have developed a reputation for working to a very high standard. We are a family-run business with generations of experience in driveway construction.

Our service covers all aspects of surfacing and construction, including all forms of paving, hard landscaping and groundwork. Our portfolio of completed projects includes both domestic and commercial clients, and with over 100 paving designs to choose from, you'll be spoilt for choice!

Speak to the professionals- Drive On Surfacing. We’ll look forward to providing a quotation for your project.

For more information, call us on: - 0208 440 5225, or complete our enquiry form."

Your site is a little light on content, and I suggest that you try to include some more images of completed projects - people buy with their eyes. Perhaps you could include some close-up images of the various types of paving too.

I notice from your address that you're only a couple of miles from me, so if I'm ever in the market for a new driveway etc., I may give you a call.

PurplePenny 12:15 02 May 05

FE is right: you need examples of your work on the site. I'd want to see those, and samples of the paving designs available, before I would make contact.

spuds 23:57 02 May 05

With the type of groundwork that you are advertising, it sometimes pays to give actual example photographs of your work you have undertaken. If the designs on the website, are your own, why not state this, as the customer will then have something to work on.

Reference to trade organizations or standards specifications could also help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…