TIP: Search an Entire Website

Pesala 11:03 21 Aug 03

Maybe some website creation programs have this facility, but I don't think it is in mine. My website has 106 pages and some 1260 HTML files.

I just realised that one can use Windows Explorer to search for a file containing any word. Select the directory, right-click, and search. It takes just a few seconds to find the files I need to edit, and not much longer to edit them in Notepad. Then I know at once which pages I need to search and edit in Net Objects Fusion.

Forum Editor 23:12 21 Aug 03

of NOF you have, but mine (version 7.0) has a 'Find' tool with which you can search for (and if necessary replace) a word or words in the site text.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:48 22 Aug 03

do you need to edit them in Notepad? With NOF you can edit 'in situe'. If you were to edit everything in Notepad why use a WYSIWYG application? No offence, but are you using the program correctly?

Cheers, Whiz...

Pesala 08:44 22 Aug 03

F.E. I'm still using Version 2.02 for my website, and version 4 only for new stuff. Neither has the ability to search the entire site. As I said, maybe some website creation packages have this ability, but not mine.

Whiz. you're just an HTML snob. Not everyone wants to hand-code their website, any more than everyone wants to hand build a PC. Having found the errors in Windows Explorer and edited the html in Notepad, I know which page(s) I also need to edit in NOF.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…