//some 3rd party need geo

Tip for faster internet

Skeletor 15:09 09 Apr 03

This isnt really a question.... more a tip. If, like me, you subscribe to one of those companies that offer cheap phone rates, and have one of those little boxes to plug your phone into (supplied by said company). Even if you have bypassed the box by using a telephone socket doubler. Try unplugging the "cheap rate box" and anything else thats plugged into the same socket, so only your PC modem is connected....I did and my connection speed went from 32Kbps to 46.6Kbps, which seems to make an incredible difference (No more going to make a cup of tea waiting for pages to appear). Happy "surfing".... (do people still use that expression, or am I being a nerd)

anchor 16:25 09 Apr 03

In those distant unlamented days before I went onto broadband, I never used one of those "cheap rate boxes". When I wanted to make a call using these services, I just dialled the prefix code.

However, I did use a socket doubler, which joined the PC modem and my ordinary phone. My dial up connection was typically 48k, so I doubt the doubler made any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…