TIP: emergencyinternet dial-up connection

lotvic 00:53 22 Aug 07
Answered

emergencyinternet.com/
dial-up connection
Great as a fast, free connection or as a backup if your ISP lets you down click here

I have just had to use this as my BB adsl modem seems to be kaput, I'll have to get another one :-((

I couldn't believe how simple it was to make the new connection. I just called it 'emergencyinternet' for the ISP, put a 3 letter word in as a user name, made up a password and put the phone number in - it's an 0845 number - and it was done and I'm using it now.
Thankfully I already had an internal dial-up modem card in pc to use

guesswho2 12:09 22 Aug 07
Answer

Thanks lotvic.
That seems a very useful thing to have in my computer first-aid box!

pj123 12:12 22 Aug 07

Yes, been using something similar for years.

Phone number 08451 121212. Any user name and Any password.

David4637 13:16 22 Aug 07

UK2 is another ISP that is as easy to register, you pay 0845 local telephone charges. David

Stuartli 13:22 22 Aug 07

You can (or could) use Tiscali's dialup service by entering signup (username) and signup (password) into the connection box.

David4637 13:05 24 Aug 07

Have you a link to Tiscali dial up service, thanks? David

€dstowe 14:07 24 Aug 07

The problem here is that dial up modems are becoming something of a rarity as a lot of people have discarded them in favour of a broadband device and the are becoming difficult to obtain new. If you did have to get a new one, it would take as long to do that as get a new BB modem/router.

Moral - don't throw out your old dial up modem.

Stuartli 15:02 24 Aug 07

Try 08456630221 (set up a dialup account first).

anchor 16:50 24 Aug 07

€dstowe: I think it is a pity that ordinary 56k modems are not fitted as standard; they would cost the PC maker so little to fit. Of course I have a broadband router, but use a 56k modem quite often to send faxes, and connect monthly to other ISP`s whose e-mail address and free web space I use.

This is a emergency dial-up ISP I recommend, that doesn't need a registration.

click here

Karakorum 15:47 29 Sep 08

In case anyone else tries using "anchor's" tip above - I just read this thread, tried his link, and the Firefox "WOT (WebOfTrust)" rated 'ADial' as "Dangerous".

anchor 12:38 30 Sep 08

Not using firefox, I cannot comment on the reliability of their so called "web of trust".

However, using Google I could not find any reference to ADial being "dangerous".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5