tiny white spot on flat screen

Paul-269846 21:42 18 Jun 04

Having just purchased a wonderful new Evesham PC I was a little disturbed to find a tiny white spot on the screen (flat screen), its not noticeable unless you have a dark background. The only thing I can think of is if its some sort of pixel end or similar, but is it normal or should I demand a new monitor?

Thanks in advance
Lil

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 18 Jun 04

Sounds like a dead pixel, some manufacturers will replace but most only guarantee less than 3 or 5.

/\0/\

jack 22:08 18 Jun 04

Fruitbat is right a percentage of failed pixels
is allowd - you can but try however.

Epocs 22:13 18 Jun 04

It sometimes depends on where the dead pixel (if it is) is positioned, if it is near the centre, i.e. main viewing area some manufacturers/ retailers may be willing to exchange. Unless the monitor is Class 1 device then they are allowed up to 3 I think on Class 2, which is the most common and up to 5 on class 3. I think this is right as I have not looked at monitors for a while, am sure I will be corrected if not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…