Tiny text in Internet Explorer

Kungfu Monk 21:07 17 Feb 05

This is weird. For the last couple of days, Internet Explorer (6.0.2800) has been displaying a lot of websites with miniscule text. It ranges from very small to unreadable.

PC Advisor is OK, but Google is small and very condensed and Windows Update is so tiny, I cannot read it all. Buttons, bars, logos, banners, etc. are all normal.

I sometimes use Firefox, which displays OK, but I prefer IE and some sites that I have to use every day only function with IE.

I have tried uninstalling IE from the Add/Remove Windows Components function, then rebooting and re-installing, but that hasn't removed the root cause.

Jackcoms 21:10 17 Feb 05

In IE go to View; Text Size and set it how you want it.

Kungfu Monk 21:14 17 Feb 05

First thing I looked for, Jackcoms. No joy.

THE TERMINATOR 21:35 17 Feb 05

The changes wont take place till you close IE and re-open it, is there still no change?

Kungfu Monk 21:35 17 Feb 05

No change, even after I log off.

THE TERMINATOR 21:49 17 Feb 05

click here Do any of these help....TT

grey george 21:50 17 Feb 05

If you have a wheel mouse, hold down ctrl and scroll the wheel. Does the text change size?

Kungfu Monk 21:55 17 Feb 05

Nope. That doesn't make any difference.

Carpigiani 21:56 17 Feb 05

If you have a scroll mouse open a web page hold control & scroll to increase text size.

Carpigiani 21:56 17 Feb 05

Too late as usual

Kungfu Monk 21:58 17 Feb 05

None of the possible causes in your link apply in this case. Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…