Tiny System- How do I get into Safe Mode?

PhiltheFragger 20:17 11 Mar 04

Tiny System with XP
How do I get into safemode?

Tried F8 - Get a boot sequence menu

Tries F2 - Bios utility

Help Please

cycoze 20:30 11 Mar 04

del key is always a favourite to try , a list of others found click here , Time is not listed but keys might be effective.

cycoze 20:31 11 Mar 04

Ignore that ! i jumped the gun and gave you bios keys codes , sorry about that .

billyliv 21:14 11 Mar 04

hi, Usually F5, or the option should be on the Xp CD. (Being a Tiny machine I doubt if you have the CD). Cheers, Bill

User-312386 21:22 11 Mar 04

F8 should give you the menu to go into safe mode

however, F5 should take you directly there

arricarry 21:39 11 Mar 04

Hello - Got the same problem, mine is a mesh.
I get the same boot pref menu.

Billy.H 21:54 11 Mar 04

turn off your pc, reboot,but hold down f5 during boot process. tiny should then go straight to safe mode.
Billy.H

arricarry 21:54 11 Mar 04

Found this - run msconfig and click on boot.INI
should see a box to check called safeboot at the bottom.

arricarry 21:56 11 Mar 04

Need to undo this manually when finished or you will be in safe mode for ever.

arricarry 10:16 02 Apr 04

Hello F8 does work at last, the key is hitting it at the right moment. Its a bit of trial and error, mine works just after the on screen jargon and just before Windows starts to load.

ksdp37 10:41 02 Apr 04

When i press F8, i also get a boot sequence menu. The trick i found to solve this was to go in the bios, change boot sequence.
Select first boot device as floppy, then cd rom and hdd as the last device. Also select the option "boot other devices". Then try pressing F8 on startup. It works for me. Let me know if it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…