Tiny Problem

harristweed 12:25 22 Apr 05

A friend of mine has bought a Computer from Tiny. When booted it goes to a screen to 'register and unlock the modem' The only number the modem will accept is the registration number that begins 0845....
As we live in Spain this does not work, it wont accept 0044.
If another dial-up connection is created, the number is blocked The Only support numbers we can find for tiny begin 0906 We can't dial these from Spain.

There is no support email link on the tiny web site.

Has anyone got any suggestions how to 'unlock' this computer without returning it to England.

I have considered formating the HD and installing windows, but then we have the problem of reactivating windows. (not to mention the hours involved).

The recovery disc supplied by tiny, will I guess, have this registration lock on it. Moral. Never buy a Tiny Computer if you want to use it outside the UK:

Yoda Knight 12:28 22 Apr 05

There was a thread a few weeks ago where sum1 said thay know how to unlock these - I'll do a search for it and post back if I find it.

In the meantime, if you manage to locate drivers for the modem, remove it and re-install with the new drivers that might do it

harristweed 12:29 22 Apr 05

I have now discoved this

click here

I can't dial 0906 numbers from Spain

Yoda Knight 12:34 22 Apr 05
  harristweed 12:38 22 Apr 05

Many thanks Yoda

Yoda Knight 12:42 22 Apr 05

My pleasure ! :)

Technotiger 12:50 22 Apr 05
  harristweed 13:00 22 Apr 05

Technotiger - thank you. That is service above and beyond the call of duty.

Technotiger 13:41 22 Apr 05

My pleasure, too.

pj123 13:57 22 Apr 05
  pj123 13:58 22 Apr 05

Sorry should be Daniel Warren (not Darren)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…