Tiny Piece of C***

dolfin 22:44 09 Mar 03

OK here's the problem. My friend was sold a Tiny AMD Athalon 1Ghz machine over 4 years ago, which at that time meant it came supplied with, wait for it, Windows Me. He wanted it upgrading. I purchased Windows 2000 Professional for him and installed it. This meant overwriting some of his already installed drivers, including those for the on-board sound!!! Windows 2000 does not recognise these drivers and therefore I am left with a machine which all works, including the graphics card, the modem, the CD/RW and cd-rom. I have been to the Tiny site and spent the best part of three days downloading every known driver. I have tried every one but to no avail. I e-mailed Tiny over three weeks ago. Guess what! More chance of getting answers from Lord Lucan. I visited the Computer World store, guess what, they're still selling Tiny PC's. Sp I ask the tech guy for some answers. He's never heard of an N1996 motherboard. These guys fit them to their machines. Once it's out of warranty, tough, sucker!

Can anyone help me out?

I'm desperate.

Djohn 23:01 09 Mar 03

According to *Tom's Hardware guide* your M/Board is the same chipset as the following, so you could try a sound driver for this board.

MSI Pro266 master (Ms-6366): Combination solution

BIOS: Award V1.0B10 (15.02.2001)
Board revision: N1996

Forum Editor 23:11 09 Mar 03

hasn't heard of an N1996 motherboard is because it's not a motherboard. The N1996 bit refers to the onboard sound chip - the motherboard is almost certainly a Micro-Star, but I wouldn't know which model. A guess would be an MS 6333 or 5182.

You'll find all kinds of goodies if you
click here
and look under the different sections, there are sound and video drivers as well as BIOS upgrades.

Proceed with caution and at your own risk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…