Tiny PCs

Elrond 19:36 09 Nov 04

I'm interested in a PC from Tiny but you have to pay £69.99 as part of service plan to get a recovery cd. Do i have to pay this or will I be able to recover the system by other means if I should need to.

Diodorus Siculus 19:41 09 Nov 04

The other option will be to buy an OS - say £100 or so, and download all the drivers to a cd as backup. That would be my preference at least.

Then when you have all the drivers, why not reinstall xp as you want it to be.

sean-278262 19:47 09 Nov 04

if you buy a fan for instance with the windows software you can get the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) price for windows saving you a fortune.

click here

for the best price on software

Elrond 19:47 09 Nov 04

I already have a copy of XP Home for my other PC. I spose I could reinstall from this and use the license that came with the Tiny PC.

sean-278262 22:48 09 Nov 04

yea thats perfectly acceptable as the cd is just a copy from a mseter disk. its legal to so far as I know. Just make sure its the same windows version before you do as I believe that it doesnt work unless its the same. ie you cant use an xp home disk with an xp pro code etc.

Forum Editor 22:53 09 Nov 04

is not 'just a copy from a master disk' - it has it's own identifier key, and you can't use it to reinstall WindowsXP on your Tiny computer, using your OEM licence for that machine.

Each CD comes with a licence that entitles you to install the software on one computer only - it's illegal to try to use it on a second machine.

sean-278262 23:33 09 Nov 04

The licence is for the key that came with the oem software so if elrond uses the CD he already has but with the code, microsoft have no reproach so long as it is the same CD in essence (same version). look to businesses they are given often one CD and numerous codes to install on each computer.

BigMoFoT 10:13 10 Nov 04

The recovery disks from Tiny are £29.99 - dont let them tell you otherwise :)

Stirkius 11:39 10 Nov 04

Or better still dont buy from Tiny.....lots of better places to purchase !

BigMoFoT 12:12 10 Nov 04

For the price/spec and performance of the machnines they aren't too bad...but a lot can be said about the service :(..

Build your own!!!!! lOl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…