Tiny PCs?

misters 14:15 24 Oct 04

Hi can anyone say positive/negative things about tiny pcs. I see a which looks like a good buy from there website but not really sure about tiny if they are a company that can be trusted or not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

misters 14:22 24 Oct 04

for anyone interested You can view the pc here,
click here

bremner 14:32 24 Oct 04

What do you want to use the machine for?

If you want to play the latest 3D games it does not have a suitable Graphics card.

If you want to do video editing it does not have enough memory.

If you want to word process and surf the web it is fine.

Tiny gets a mixed response but as usual you really only hear from those who have had problems - not the overwhelming majority who have not.

misters 15:16 24 Oct 04

It was for my teenage son mostly, so gaming would be a priority, what about the coping of dvds, does that look fine?
If not tiny then what is recommended?
Thanx in advance.

bremner 15:22 24 Oct 04

If gaming is a priority then you really need one of the top of the range cards and probably a system with PCI Express as that will be the defacto graphics standard. But this would up the cost of the machine considerably.

DVD burning would be amply covered in the Tiny Spec you listed.

joesoaps 15:31 24 Oct 04

Agree with bremner that it's not a high end card but it still should play all the latest games albeit at a lower resolution.So unless he is an avid gamer and wants to play all the latest games with all the bells and whistles turned on it will probably be o.k.

misters 16:03 24 Oct 04

And for tiny themselves? Do they have good customer services, do tere machines come up to scratch,i know they had bad press a few years ago, just wonderimg if they have improved.

Diodorus Siculus 16:08 24 Oct 04

Recently there have been few problems posted (relative to the huge numbers they shift each month) so they must be doing something right.

Just be aware of the added costs for restore disks which most other manufacturers include in the advertised price.

Forum Editor 16:09 24 Oct 04

that we don't see many (if any) complaints about Tiny computers as far as quality goes. There have been a few gripes about delivery delays etc., but to be honest we get those about every single computer manufacturer - nobody's immune from it.

The Tiny marketing model is based on a no-frills approach to selling well-specified machines,and so far they seem to be performing pretty well. There'll always be the occasional complaint, it's nigh on impossible to keep everyone happy all of the time, and there's obviously a strong reliance on the human factor in any customer service operation.

misters 17:09 24 Oct 04

Cheers guys I'll sleep on it and see how tommorow goes, just a thought i have an old packard bell win/98se could i do a trade in and if so what do you think i would get?

Diodorus Siculus 17:13 24 Oct 04

misters - I don't know where you might sell it - try loot for ideas of its value. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…