tiny pc reload disk problems

qman_al 15:28 02 Dec 05

I am trying to restore my Tiny PC back to factory setting after many problems. I have inserted the "reload backup CD version 0.4" and followed the onscreen messages, pressed "r" on both occassions but keep getting the following message "unable to communicate with ATA controller". I would be extremely grateful for some advice on how to solve this problem

ICF 07:10 03 Dec 05

What operating system are you using XP?

jack 08:16 03 Dec 05

1st Step- go into BIOS[usually press delete at POST but an pnscreen message will tell you]
Then run through all setting to make sure that the Harddisk drive is set to auto. and all other settings are set as they should be.
Then come back
With operating system details

qman_al 20:12 03 Dec 05

I am running Windows XP and I have checked that the HD drive is set to auto within the standard CMOS features of the BIOS. I do not know what the other setting for the BIOS should be but will gladfully take advice on the required setting. I am happy to receive email contact direct if it will help solve this issue more quickly.

jack 10:03 08 Dec 05

qman_al
Please keep the thread going, in this way others with more knowledge than I can come in - E-mail direct and you are relying on my somewhat limited knowledge - for example my BIOS advice had to be of a general nature because I do not know how TINY present their BIOS screens - large manfacturs can add to what may be called a 'standard' BIOS

So here is your E-mail lets see what others make of it .

I am running Windows XP and I have checked that the HD drive is set to auto within the standard CMOS features of the BIOS. I do not know what the other setting for the BIOS should be but will gladfully take advice on the required setting. I am happy to receive email contact direct if it will help solve this issue more quickly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…