Tiny PC power supply

jtt 13:26 27 Jun 05

I have a Tiny PC which was bought around four or five years ago before they went backrupt and got taken over by Time. The power supply is faulty, and it's smaller than a standard PC power supply. I reckon I can fit a standard PC power supply in the case with a bit of modification. Is the power supply wiring from a Tiny power supply to the motherboard the same as for standard power supplies? I ask because I know that Dell PCs around six years ago used different wiring (but the same connector, so you could blow up the motherboard if you used a non-Dell power supply!)

pk470 13:52 27 Jun 05

I would say no to this i have an old HP Brio that is over six years old but moden PSU'S are very different to the old ones,try EBay you never no or
Google for that matter.

pj123 13:53 27 Jun 05

Might be worth an email to Daniel Warren who is the Time/Tiny rep on this Forum. Although Daniel is on holiday at the moment he has someone checking his Forum email box. See this thread for the email address: click here

Confab 13:58 27 Jun 05

I had the exact same problem with my Tiny pc a year or so ago, they used micro cases with a smaller power supply although the connectors are standard. I just went to pcworld and bought a new case with power supply. I took all the gubbins out of the old pc and fitted it into to the new. It worked with no problems at all and left me with space to add a second HD and DVDRW

citadel 19:56 27 Jun 05

I have a four year old tiny pc and a normal atx psu fitted ok.

jtt 16:25 28 Jun 05

Thanks all, I'll put a normal one in.

dukeboxhero 18:33 28 Jun 05

iv got a dormant tiny comp with a new power supply fitted any probs let me know ill send you this one

dukeboxhero 18:34 28 Jun 05

iv got a dormant tiny comp with a new power supply fitted any probs let me know ill send you this one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…