tiny pc. modem driver

jessie .x..x.x 19:07 29 Oct 05

Hi all,

just installed xp on a tiny pc which originally had Windows ME on.

All is fine but i am having problems with the modem.
I cannot find the correct driver for it. I have tried to let windows find the driver but still no luck.

Does anyone know what make modem tiny pc uses ??

Or any other help on getting the modem to work

thanks

ps, its a dial up modem. I have removed the modem but there is no brand name on it

thanks

Diodorus Siculus 19:28 29 Oct 05

click here
Everest should ID it for you.

It might be easier to buy a new one though...

Zaphod Beeblebrox 19:55 29 Oct 05

tiny used to use rockwell / conexant but they come in many flavours if everest doesnt work for you may have to take a peak in the case to see if you can get some id off the component itself

Diodorus Siculus 20:23 29 Oct 05

Even though there is no brand name, does it have any serial number on it?

Zaphod Beeblebrox 20:34 29 Oct 05

also have a look at the black chips on the board the writting will be small but sometimes you can gleen information on the chipset used

jack 20:39 29 Oct 05

Let Wonsoze do the work.
Go to Install modem .Click on select from list.
Select - 'Generic 56k modem'
This will run all modems of 56k.

Stuartli 20:58 29 Oct 05

Windows Add Hardware can be used to install a generic modem driver.

Start off with 33.6 and, if this works, try 56k after uninstalling the first driver.

Mark10 20:44 30 Oct 05

I have a Tiny PC and it had a 56k HSP modem. When I upgraded to XP home, I tried everything to get that modem to work but it wouldn't. I downloaded every driver I could find to no avail. Eventually bought a new modem for about a tenner from PC world that was XP compatible and it worked straight away. I put the old modem in an old 98se system and it worked no problem. I guess the old modem was not XP compatible.

jessie .x..x.x 22:16 30 Oct 05

Hi all,

Finally got it working.

I removed the modem and looked at the writing on one of the chips on the circuit board it has the writing " HAMR5603 " after a lot of searching i discovered that the modem was made by "Smartlink"

So i went to their site and after a little looking i downloaded a driver which was suited to the modem.

see below

Windows XP 32Bit

File Name: SLA56-V4.20.01-MV-WIN2K-XP32Bit.zip
Driver Version: 4.20.01
Driver Date: May 30, 2005

thanks all for the help
Driver Size: 3.31MB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…