TINY PC MASTER RESTORE

DOC121 15:49 17 Dec 06

Hi all i`ve got a problem with tiny pc i`m trying to do a factory restore i have the original disk but keep getting error message #1833 ONE(AND ONLY ONE) PARTITION MUST BE SELECTED
is there anyway i can scan my hard drive for errors . windows will not start so can i do it from a win 98 boot disk.

skidzy 15:51 17 Dec 06

Try pressing F11 or maybe the delete key on startup,this should get you into the recovery partition.

After selecting the restore/recovery option you may need the disc.

Or go into the bios and change the boot order to boot from the cd drive.

DOC121 16:04 17 Dec 06

HI SKIDZY
i have the tiny master cd it goes in factory reset in progress then a error message comes up and will not continue error message #1833 ONE(AND ONLY ONE) PARTITION MUST BE SELECTED

skidzy 16:06 17 Dec 06

Is this after you have entered the partition ? via F11 or the delete key ?

DOC121 16:10 17 Dec 06

after its starts the factory reinstal then stops with the error message dose the hard drive need wiping or could it just be faulty ?

skidzy 16:17 17 Dec 06

Are you trying to insert the recovery disc and go from that or are you entering the partition first and then selecting the option you require ?

Have you tried booting from the disc...insert the disc and reboot the pc,the disc should kick in right away.

Is this an xp machine or 98

Do you have the windows disc...not the recovery disc !

DOC121 16:23 17 Dec 06

ths recovery disc starts straight away but stops ant the above error message .this is a xphome pc brought from tiny . i only win 98se and would even go back to this just to get it up and running again

skidzy 16:35 17 Dec 06

Looking at your message,you will have to try the partition on the harddrive by pressing F11 or the delete key maybe a different key.

Then select an option: restore to factory settings,you will then be asked to insert the disc.

Will the systen boot into windows at all ?

If so,try sfc /scannow in the run box from the start menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…