Tiny PC Graphics problem

aldoaccie 20:59 18 Jun 03

I am trying to install a GEforce 2 MX400 card onto my two year old Tiny 800MHZ 128MB RAM PC. Although the card can be installed, I cannot fathom how to uninstall the previous integrated Tiny graphics card. As such, there appears to be a conflict between both cards, resulting in dodgy graphics. Further, I cannot appear to install the latest drivers for my new Graphics card which will enable me to have the most up-to-date DDI version and ensuring that it is MS signed.

Help ! If anyone knows how, please let me know how to turn off the integrated graphics card !!!

hugh-265156 21:11 18 Jun 03

the driver for the integrated graphics will need to be uninstalled or disabled first.this sometimes has to be done in the bios although i was able to do via device manager.

try control panel/system/hardware/devicemanager and right click the integrated graphics if listed and uninstall.shut down the computer.

insert the new card into the slot anfd turn on the computer.windows should detect the new card and prompt to install the driver.

get the latest nvidia driver from click here

if that method doesnt work then on starting up the computer tap F2 F1 etc to enter the bios(it will say on the screen which to press)

once in the bios look for advanced or advanced chipset and here you should find something like shared graphics memory etc.if you can set to disable or the lowest available value if it wont let you disable.

once done exit the bios saving your changes by pressing F10 and restart windows and continue to install the new card.

hugh-265156 21:14 18 Jun 03

note some older computers require that a jumper on the motherboard is set to do this.

2yr old you should be ok with device manager or bios though.

aldoaccie 21:23 18 Jun 03

Thanks. I shall try what you suggested and fingers crossed !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…