Tiny PC

Mike@#36 20:17 25 Apr 05

Dear all,

I have recently been given an old Tiny PC running Win 98se. Unfortunately there is nothing on it to suggest what the model is.

The problem is that the monitor will only display on either 2 (black & white) or 16 colours. I have tried to change the monitor and graphics driver etc but this has no effect - there is only the two options.

Does anyone have any clues about which driver/s I should use?

Thanks all

Mike@#36 20:19 25 Apr 05

Sorry, it's a Time not a Tiny. I do apologise

VoG II 20:21 25 Apr 05

click here should tell you the model and the graphics card.

Technotiger 20:23 25 Apr 05

Hi, Tiny & Time are one and the same. Have you tried going to Properties (right-click on desktop) and then to Settings to see if you can re-set.

Cheers.

STREETWORK 21:21 25 Apr 05

Install the driversguide toolkit from click here.

Run the program and it will identify your PC hardware. Then you can update the drivers for it using the drivers up date button. easy...

Dizzy174 21:31 25 Apr 05

Everest home edition it's free for home users

click here

Mike@#36 20:09 26 Apr 05

Unfortunately Belarc only found what was currently in use i.e. the plug and play monitor and standard VGA adaptor.

However Everest managed to identify the graphics adapter (nVidea GeForce 2) and I have been able to download the up to date driver. Now installed and working perfectly.

Yet again high quality help and advice from PC advisor forum. Thanks again.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…