Tiny Factory Reset CD

kurd70 20:27 23 Sep 06

Hi
I am trying to restore my pc to factory reset condition with the factory restore cd
According to the manual once i insert the cd on the screen that automatically appears select factory reset
When I insert the cd the screen that automatically appears has no factory rest option just a driver software library which I can install which contains adobe, textbridge, nero, windvd player
I have tried to explore the cd but to cant find any factory reset option
Please advise
This is on xp

Diodorus Siculus 20:36 23 Sep 06

Try booting the PC with the CD in the drive.

Sandy110 20:37 23 Sep 06

Restart the PC with the CD in the drive, this should bring up the screen you are looking for.
If not you may have to alter the startup settings in the bios to make sure the CD and not the IDE is read first.

Diodorus Siculus 20:38 23 Sep 06

Another thought; do you have more than one CD? Often there will be a system disk and a software disk.

kurd70 20:52 23 Sep 06

I have Tried booting the PC with the CD in the drive but this does not work
How do i go about 'alter the startup settings in the bios to make sure the CD and not the IDE is read first'
I have just the one cd
I think the last time I tried to use the factory cd was a good few years ago and booting the PC with the CD in the drive worked but not this time

kurd70 20:55 23 Sep 06

I am having to use the e drive external to get the software library options
The d drive does not seem to read the disc at all

VoG II 20:55 23 Sep 06
  kurd70 21:18 23 Sep 06

Hi

I have changed to boot device priority and tried both
Removable device
CD
Hard disk

And have tried
CD
Removable device
Hard Disk

With the cd in the e drive

This is not bringing up the factory reset option

WhiteTruckMan 22:11 23 Sep 06

You are using a system & driver cd (it will have a version number on it, not that its relevant at this moment.) this cd is not bootable. you need the reload cd, which for an XP tiny machine -assuming that was the original OS-will probably be a yellow disc, but colours did vary. but reload discs were either an expensive aftermarket purchase, or came free with an expensive warranty package. and a reload will only work if it has the original factory fitted hdd, as the files needed are on a hidden partition.

WTM

Dipso 00:37 24 Sep 06

If you've lost it you can get them from Ebay for under a tenner.

skidzy 09:22 24 Sep 06

Kurd you may be able to restore from the hidden partition.

Try tapping F11 on startup and see if you have this option.It may be possible its a different key.

Dipso:

Please explain: "If you've lost it you can get them from Ebay for under a tenner".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5