Tiny Computer and XP

the golfer 15:45 19 Oct 04

How do you re-install XP on a Tiny computer. My son keeps getting a "DOS"? page on start up and can't get rid of it. He wants to reinstall everything but there doesn't appear to be a disc to do this. It may sound a silly question, but as we are both beginners, can anyone please help.

TomJerry 15:53 19 Oct 04

Tiny does not provide CD. But they may put a image on the PC for recovery to return to factory state. Ask Tiny for instruction, but any recovery will WIPE evenyting from HDD, so only do this when you are sure you have evenything BACKED UP.

You ma ask Tiny for a CD, but they are going to charge you for it.

the golfer 17:25 19 Oct 04

I think that there is a CD with a copy of everything on the computer, but I am not sure.

Jayne doe 17:45 19 Oct 04

Tiny no longer exist. They did not supply a Disk with the operating software on. It is more likely there was a hidden partition with windows 98 or xp on depending on age. This was accessed via a red disk. You should have the red disk with the computer. Win XP is a destructive install. This means that when reinstalled it will lose the links to the previously installed programs although they will still be on the HD. So you will also have to reinstall all the other software to make it work again. If it had XP on from new then there will be a serial number on the rear of the case towards the top. Note this down. Borrow a CD of XP home from someone and reinstall using that. When asked to do so enter your own correct XP serial number. After it has installed you will need to activate it over the net. If you are trying to install XP instead of Win 98 you will have to buy a copy of XP home.

TomJerry 18:12 19 Oct 04

click here. Do not alarm people unnecissarily.

Another point: Fresh Win XP installation is not destructive. Recovery system using XP recovery disc is destructive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…