tiny

saulos 02:17 15 Nov 05

i hope you can help me i have a tiny computer i'v had install a new geforce 6600gt 128mb fitted and dvd-rewriter some times when i start up my computer my moniter goes in standby mode and i have to restart it it some times takes afew goes before it comes on before i had the graphic card fitted it use to come on straightaway i hope you can help me with this matter my system specs is pentium 4 processor2ghz intel motherboard geforce 6600gt 350w powersupply 512mb

wotbus@ 08:48 15 Nov 05

Perhaps it's a driver issue between your monitor and new graphics card? Do you leave your monitor ON all the time [like me] and let windows power it up and down? Try switching off your PC, then your monitor. Leave the monitor off and reboot your PC. When all hard disc activity has finished, switch on the monitor.

jbp1982 08:52 15 Nov 05

I had similar problems once it was down to the monitor, I got it replaced and the problem was sorted. As a quick fix I did what wotbus@ is saying. Have you tried another monitor, updated drivers, rolled back drivers?

Open the case and make sure the graphics card is seated properly and leads are tight aswell.

hth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…