Timings for outside light

Graham. 09:02 30 Apr 09

I fitted an external PIR floodlight for a neighbour (before Part P). She has moved and a relative from 80 miles away visits to collect bills, etc.

On her last visit, she must have flicked the switch, because the light is on all the time now. I don't have the instructions, but I need to tell her over the phone how to reset the light on her next visit.

It is something like 'Turn off the power, wait 10 seconds, switch on the power'. Anyone know the correct timing. please?

birdface 09:29 30 Apr 09

Switch the switch off then on again and if it it still does not go out switch the switch of and straight back on again that usually works.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:52 30 Apr 09

First loss of power puts on permanently second loss of power switches it back to timing mode.

So switch off again switch back on and will be on again but should switch off when timer expires.

bloo meeny 10:58 30 Apr 09

Usually, these lights are switched to permanently ON mode by switching off & on again within 1 or 2 seconds, and it sounds as if that may be what has happened here.

To return to automatic operation once more, switch OFF for around 30 seconds, then back ON - but note that when switching back on, the light WILL illuminate initially (for the previously set 'on' period) and should then go off, and operate as before.

Stuartli 11:05 30 Apr 09

My security light works on the same basis as outlined by Fruit Bat /\0/\.

Graham. 14:05 30 Apr 09

That confirms my understandings. I shall pass it on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced