Times does fly---When you have a

SparkyJack 17:13 PM 10 Apr 11
Answered

Win XP update it seems.

We are all used to time slowing down- usually attributed to an ailing BIOS battery, and soon remedied.

Earlier to day having done with the machine for a bit I closed to Hibernate. Up came 'Install update and close down'. OK I click and went about other things. I have just a few monents ago come back to the machine only to find the time had ADVANCED 2 hours to 18.59. Check the Zone - British summer time - as it should be ? So I reset it to 17.12 [by my Alarm clock]. Now how come I gained 2 hours in the correct time zone.?

SparkyJack 08:40 AM 14 Apr 11

IT'S DONE IT AGAIN.

I have carried out a reboot and on reloading I had gained an hour. Instead of 08.30 the clock read 09.30. Checked Zone correct [GMT] Just above GMT however I noticed - Coordinated Universal Time Is this New? I don't recall seeing it before. So out of curiosity - selected it - Time came back to what it should be Now 08.40

birdface 08:45 AM 14 Apr 11

Have you got it set to (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

birdface 08:51 AM 14 Apr 11

Either that or your CMOS battery needs changing.

SparkyJack 11:01 AM 14 Apr 11

Butman wrote Either that or your CMOS battery needs changing.

Butman read the first post When a CMOS battery is going down - time is lost surely We know that

This is time gained

On an earlier occasion it gained 2 hours, to day it was one hour

And yes correct zone also selected- as already mentioned

birdface 11:15 AM 14 Apr 11

The only other time set I know of is in the BIOS maybe check that out.

woodchip 11:22 AM 14 Apr 11

jack You have changed your log on name I presume, Have you loaded the windows Time update download for windows to keep it in sink as I think you will find this is a Windows Problem, as its only changed after the updates you loaded. Why not Run system Restore to before the problem As windows makes a Restore point. Then re-download. the Updates manual using Windows update in the Startup folder, just load one update at a time till you find the one that's the problem

lotvic 11:37 AM 14 Apr 11
Answer

Mine is set for

'Date & Time tab = Current time zone: GMT Daylight Time

Time Zone tab = (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London and I have a tick in 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes'

Internet Time tab = Server: time.windows.com

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites