is timer-recording of BBC online radio possible?

kenwyn 10:27 02 Jul 04

OK, so thanks to previous help on this forum, I can now record live, or recorded BBC radio programmes using Audacity for later playback. The thing is the BBC does not record Steve Wright for future playback via its website, you can only listen 'live' But here in New Zealand, I don't fancy getting up at 3.00 am to set Audacity to 'Record'. Does XP have any kind of timer facilty, or does anyone know of any downloads that will activate a recorder at a pre-determined time?. Thanks in advance.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:55 02 Jul 04
  Eusabius 00:17 04 Sep 05

CD Wave Editor - which is freeware - is a fantastic programme for precisely cutting up large audio files into separate tracks. With it I record from the radio programmes of 1-2 hours length, then chop them up into wavs and burn them to CD. And it has a timer for start and stop times. What more could you ask for? (well, you could ask for a program which records multiple programmes at different times, which I have done in this forum). In combination with WinOFF (also freeware), which shuts down the computer at a specified time, it works beautifully. Just copy the names of these programs into Google, locate and download them.

Monoux 09:58 04 Sep 05

Bookmark

€dstowe 13:08 04 Sep 05

As an explanation why you cannot receive this program on the website at a later time:

"Due to copyright reasons, the BBC can only allow its own output or its own commissioned broadcasts to be available on its website for personal recording at a later date."

As the programme you want to record consists mainly if commercial material, not owned by the BBC, it is thus not available in on the website and you will have to set your own timer up - as you want to do and by the methods suggested.

AndySD 13:20 04 Sep 05

click here try Jetaudio

kenwyn 20:03 04 Sep 05

since writing this, the BBC has obviously taken note, & Steve Wright is now on the Listen Again section on its website. Thanks for all the advice!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…