Time for the rat catcher?

Charlie Babbage 21:04 03 Jul 06

I'm having problems controlling my mouse pointer at the very top and bottom of the screen. For example, it is very difficult to select 'Customise' from the drop down menu View > Toolbars > Customise - it is difficult to move the pointer to the right without deselecting the original 'View' menu. I'm running Windows XP Professional SP2.

The mouse does not need cleaning. Altering the speed of the pointer does not make any difference. Is there anything else to try before giving the present mouse to the cat for breakfast??!

VoG II 21:08 03 Jul 06

Model of mouse might help - they come in different species. Does it have a tail or not?

Forum Editor 21:13 03 Jul 06

at the top of the screen, or does it also happen when you use the Start menu - in the 'All programs' menu can you go up to 'accessories' and move across OK?

woodchip 21:24 03 Jul 06

Optical Mouse Battery's need replacing

Charlie Babbage 21:35 03 Jul 06

... and yes, there can be a problem in getting to 'Shut Down' after clicking on 'Start'.

It is very prone to display 'All Programs' rather than anything else!

woodchip 21:43 03 Jul 06

It sounds like one of the wires as broken internal although you cannot see it. When I used them I used to cut the wire about 2ins from the mouse then resolder them after taking mouse apart

woodchip 21:44 03 Jul 06

It's easy if you can solder, all the wires a coloured different

keef66 11:09 04 Jul 06

Can you borrow another ps2 mouse just to double check it's the cause of the problem. If that cures it, it's time for a new rodent I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…