Time Powerflex XP2600+

Scouse 16:51 09 Mar 03

On page 139 of the PCA Magazine (issue 91 Spring 2003) is an advert for the above mentioned system.

Is there something I am missing or is £700 including VAT a missprint?

I have recently been considering extensive upgrades to my existing PC but after seeing this I have to wonder "why upgrade"?

If anyone can point out a major reason to avoid this PC then please let me know.

AndySD 17:01 09 Mar 03

No XP cd so you lose the option for System File Checker and Recovery Console and Repair Installation..... leaving you with just System Restore or using the recovery disk reverting to factory settings.

Scouse 17:04 09 Mar 03

Wrong Thread! LOL

Scouse 17:06 09 Mar 03

Andy SD, ignore my last.

The fact I have my own XP Home on this system now in use, does that help??

AndySD 17:52 09 Mar 03

click here looks ok the GeForce4™ MX440 is not realy powerfull enough for top end gaming.... and the power suply is too small but you get what you pay for.

interzone55 18:11 09 Mar 03

The XP home CD you already have is tied to your existing system, so won't work with any other PC thanks to the wonders of On-line Activation.

Apart from that it isn't a bad PC. Don't expect the ConnectPlus front panel to work flawlessly though.

Scouse 18:56 09 Mar 03

Cheers for the opinions guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…