//some 3rd party need geo

TIME PC Irritating Registration Pop Up

Bobafett1393 20:04 25 Apr 04

I know someone who has just bought a Time PC. Everytime that they turn it on the Time Registration sign up pop up comes on. How do you get rid of this because he can not register for some reason and can't get rid of it.

Old Shep 20:13 25 Apr 04

Go into msconfig and see if it is a startup item if it is remove the tick/

mgmcc 20:16 25 Apr 04

The application asking "someone" to Register with Time may be launched from the PC's registry with an entry in MSCONFIG

Go to "Start > Run" type MSCONFIG and click OK. In the Startup tab, see if there is an entry in there which obviously relates to Registering with Time and, if so, untick it to prevent it from running each time the PC boots.

Gaz W 20:23 25 Apr 04

Without having ever come across this registration program, I can only give you an idea of some ways it might be loading.

Also, you don't say which operating system you are using, but I'll assume it's Windows XP.

The most simple one is to look in Start > All Programs > Startup - if there is a shortcut to it in there, delete it.

The other way programs start up automatically is through the registry. If you click Start > Programs and type MSCONFIG, then click Startup, you can see a list of everything that starts up automatically. However, the best way to remove entries is to use the Registry Editor (Start > Run > type REGEDIT).

In Registry Editor goto to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

If you see anything in there that looks like the time registration program, delete it.

A word of warning - be careful when editing the registry; you may want to make a backup first in case things go wrong, but it's unlikely to go wrong by just deleting a few things from startup.

Gaz W 20:25 25 Apr 04

Old Shep and mgmcc beat me to it!!!

I've often found that MSCONFIG has caused computers running Windows XP to say "Your computer has started up in selective mode..." if I removed a simple startup item (unticked).

I don't know whether there is a way around it and that's why I suggested removing it from the Registry. You still see the same information, but it's a bit more difficult to get to.

Dipso 21:35 25 Apr 04

I had exactly the same problem on my Win ME PC bought in 2000. In my case it was the Supanet (sign up to receive your 12 months Time support) registration.

I couldn't register either, so couldn't get rid of it.

I think (it's a while ago now!) what I did was to do a search for all files relating to Supanet. When the search was complete I could find out which one was causing this registration pop up and I deleted it.

A mate of mine bought a Time PC around the same time as me and I notice his is still "popping up" now!

Giggle n' Bits 00:02 26 Apr 04

Is it a regsitration or a signup to the Supanet ISP ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…