Time out when using Outlook - ? - help please!

gloslady 19:58 04 Nov 09

I wonder if anybody can help with this please? When I am doing a send/receive in Outlook, it quite often times out during the process - generally,a pop up screen appears which says I should enter my password for the network, (and although I tick the box, it is never retained)and more and more often now it times out. It is really frustrating. I usually end up checking BT Yahoo to see if there is anything heavy trying to come in (usually not) and often restarting my machine. This rectifies it, but not for long! I tried a defrag yesterday - but no change. Has anybody any ideas? Thanks

User-1229748 20:06 04 Nov 09

oops double post gloslady can you tick your other thread.have you scanned for malware?if not then download update and then run malwarebytes and then superantispywareclick here

igk 20:09 04 Nov 09

This has been happening on and off for several weeks for BT users there are many complaints about this on the newsgroup bt.broadband.support so don't worry its not your machine.
BT seem to be denying that there is a problem but we cannot all be wrong.

gloslady 21:08 04 Nov 09

Thanks smackheadz and igk - I was beginning to wonder if it was a problem with BT as nothing has changed with my machine - thanks for answering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…