time out

podlod 07:13 06 Nov 10

Hi, sometimes when I am waiting to go on a site it may take a little longer than normal to arrive, but after approx 10 seconds a box appears and reads TIME OUT and says retry. I feel it does not give me enough time as the site may be busy, is there a way to extend this 10 secs limit.
Thank you.

rawprawn 08:45 06 Nov 10

Try this
Go into the devices manager (devmgmt.msc), open the properties window of your network card, then in the power management tab, do not allow the computer to switch off your network card (untick the option)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:38 06 Nov 10

probably site server slow to respond on sites when thy are busy. trying later usually works ok.

birdface 11:44 06 Nov 10

This tells you how to do it.

click here

You could try going to command prompt and typing in ipconfig /flushdns then press enter on your keyboard.
It should tell you DNS cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

podlod 09:27 07 Nov 10

Hi Rawprawn, I have un-ticked the option like you advised and I will see how I get on.
Hi,Buteman, I directed myself to your link and carried out as they said, but I was a little nervous on adjusting the 480000 code they advised and it may have been the wrong area? will let you know how I get on, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…