Time Laptop HDD IDE lead interface

Will 17:03 05 Mar 04

A bit of a long shot this one. My laptop has XP as the OS and the Windows has crashed and will not open. I am going to connect my HDD from my laptop to my mates desktop which uses XP so I can transfer files before reinstalling XP. I only have the reinstall disks that came with the Laptop and not the original XP disk so can't use the repair facility to deal with the problem. The question is, the connection at the back of the HDD is not a normal IDE connection, it is some sort of bayonet type fit. I can see a frame has been added to the hard drive probably to make it a more sturdy socket for the hard drive but does anybody know if you can get a cable for this fitting or will I have to disasemble the bit round the outside of the hard drive? Has anybody actually had to go through this rigmarole?

Diodorus Siculus 17:09 05 Mar 04

click here for an adaptor kit to do it.

Will 17:15 05 Mar 04

Thanks Diodorus but I bought the expected conversion lead from maplins this morning with a normal interface, but the problem is this baynet type interface, can you confirm the kit indicated actually deals with this problem?

Will 17:16 05 Mar 04

ßéLâ, yes it's me again but like I said above the problem is this bayonet type fitting round the HDD.

Diodorus Siculus 17:16 05 Mar 04

Sorry, I didn't realise the complication of the different fitting around the hdd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…