Time laptop drivers?

YinHoNg 13:48 04 Jan 06

Hiya. I've stupidly formatted my Time laptop hard drive without checking that i can get the drivers online first!

The motherboard is "TimeComputers A520K7" as determined by Everest Home Edition.

Can anybody help?

I've looked and looked but cannot find anything!

jack 14:03 04 Jan 06

Which drivers in paricular?
MoBo chipset/Modem/ -specify

woodchip 14:03 04 Jan 06

Only thing you can now do is get to know what the Mobo is and all other hardware in the computer or find someone with same Laptop that still has drivers on it

rmcqua 14:08 04 Jan 06

If you are reinstalling WinXP, I would have thought all the drivers to get it working OK should be in there. Then, if you want, you can update any specific ones by identifying the hardware item with Everest and downloading from manuf's site.

YinHoNg 14:12 04 Jan 06

Ok, i'm gonna look at all of them seperately and try to do it that way. I just figured that maybe Time would have a site where i could download all the drivers for a specific motherboard. Will let you guys know if there are any other problems.

woodchip 14:35 04 Jan 06

This may help. No Idea click here

Tiny now owned by Watford Electronics

Also to find drivers needed click here

interzone55 14:43 04 Jan 06

I don't know if it's any help, but your laptop was made from an Arima carcass.

I've just checked their website (click here) but it doesn't list discontinued products.

I do know that Evesham used the same carcass, maybe a look through their support site for Arima A520 might prove fruitful.

YinHoNg 16:50 04 Jan 06

Right, i've got all the drivers except for my wireless lan card, which everest tells me is the "Ralink RT2400 802.11b wireless network adapter".

However, when i try to install the driver from the official ralink website:click here, it doesnt recognise it as a compatible driver!!!!

I've also tried drivers from click here but that also doesnt seem to work.

Any help?

YinHoNg 12:49 05 Jan 06

bump

Chegs ®™ 14:12 05 Jan 06

Try the same site but with the RT2500 instead.I have a "proper" Ralink PCI WiFi card in my desktop,I found the RT2400 driver didn't work,but the RT2500 did. I also still have the original driver CD upon which it states the card is actually an Edimax,but uses the RT2500 chipset.

YinHoNg 15:06 05 Jan 06

Wow, ok. I'll definitely try that out. Thanks Chegs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5