Time Lapse Webcam Pictures

Pine Man 12:24 29 Jul 07

I have vandals in my garden and want to identify the culprits.

I have a Logitech USB webcam connected to my Vista PC and want to take a picture every minute and save it to my hard drive.

All of the programs I find on the net are far to complex (and expensive) and I wondered if any one knew a simple way to do this?

I know that one of the forum members, woowoowoo, set up a webcam to view tits in a nesting box but I'm not sure how!

Technotiger 12:34 29 Jul 07

I no longer have it, was some time ago, but I thought Logitech webcam software included time-lapse setup? Have you tried the Logitech site?

Technotiger 12:37 29 Jul 07
  Pine Man 13:04 29 Jul 07

I did have a look at Logitechs site but when I put in my cams details it said it wouldn't run on Vista.

However as it is USB I just plugged it into my PC which recognised it immediately and found drivers for it.

I didn't, however, try the software as it wasn't listed for Vista but I'll try some later software for a different cam and see what happens!

I did find FWINK on the net, which is free and seemed to work except that everytime it takes a picture it overwrites the previous one!! I have written to the writer of this open source prog to see if he has any advice.

Thanks for your interest.

Technotiger 13:32 29 Jul 07

OK, good luck anyway.

Pine Man 15:25 29 Jul 07

Just an update.

All of the Logitech software loaded seemlessly and immediately recognised my 8 year old cam.

That's the good news. The bad news Image Studio, the subject of your link, doesn't include time lapse!

Once agian, thanks for your interest. I'll keep looking and see what I can find.

tobyb121 15:33 29 Jul 07

I found a program called Flix after searching google, it makes the individual photos into a movie instead of saving them for you, but it is worth a try.click here

Pine Man 15:58 29 Jul 07

Thanks for that I'll give it a go!

Pine Man 16:42 29 Jul 07

You're a star.

That does exactly what I want.

Thanks a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced