Time and date wrong.

donatello 08:33 07 Jul 07

Just installed a new mainboard as i thought after changing the battery on the old one and time/date still wrong it must be a bios chip problem.The board was fairly old Abit KR7A so changed it for a spare MSI KTV4 i had still in packet.Now when i switch on the time/date is exactly the time/date i switched off at when i shut it down the previous day etc.

Technotiger 08:38 07 Jul 07

Have you adjusted in Control Panel>Time/Date settings?

donatello 08:48 07 Jul 07

Yes after install of board entered bios and changed all settings for date,time,cpu,boot sequence etc.Time date is fine after putting it right while im on the pc its when its switched off eg if i turn off now and then turn back on tomorrow date will be 7/7/2007 and time will be 08.46 but cant see why its doing this, as far as i know only mainboard/cmos/bios chip and battery store time.

Technotiger 08:58 07 Jul 07

Batteries are very cheap, I would try a new battery, even if the one you have is supposed to be new. Or perhaps the BIOS needs to be updated/flashed?

Other than that, I dunno what else to suggest.

donatello 09:01 07 Jul 07

Msi live update reports bios is latest and ive also tried the new battery i put in the Abit board before thinking it must be the bios chip and changing it.

Technotiger 09:18 07 Jul 07

I don't know if this will help, 'tis the only thing I could find that is anywhere near your little problem. Particularly near the bottom of page ..

click here

donatello 10:12 07 Jul 07

Tried another battery still same,but now when i click shutdown pc restarts time for the big hammer i think.

e-t 14:54 02 Sep 07

my pc bios resets itself when i turn it off i have change the motherboard battery 4 times and have with new ones and checked that there seated correctly an i have updated the bios to the latest one and changed the memory but this problem persists any help would be much appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:52 02 Sep 07

Start our own thread this one is two months old.

Starting your own thread means that you and NOT donatello will receive email notification when an answer is forthcoming.

woodchip 16:09 02 Sep 07

Check the Motherboard for a Clear CMOS jumper. Make sure its in run position

woodchip 16:14 02 Sep 07

Most likely place near battery

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac