time, date

mrs room top 19:20 20 Sep 07

Can anyone help, not very good with computers!
My computer clock (in the bottom right hand corner) has started to lose time and changes date/year, came on today and found it to be 31 December 02! have Windows xp SP2

mobileman1953 19:21 20 Sep 07

possibly new motherboard battery required

SANTOS7 19:22 20 Sep 07

You need to get someone to change the CMOS battery for you, If you know anybody that is PC savvy its a two minute job costing about £3:50 for the part...

Technotiger 19:30 20 Sep 07

click here

In my experience, once every two years is sufficient. CMOS batteries are typically good for three to five years, so this schedule still allows for a considerable margin of safety. If you follow this schedule, you should minimize system down time. How do I know when my battery is truly dead and not some other malfunction? This one is pretty easy. If your system is losing settings, or if your BIOS clock has the wrong time after you have set it, then your CMOS battery needs to be replaced.

This extract is taken from the above link.

mrs room top 10:15 29 Sep 07

Hi there, sorry it took so long to get back, would like to thank you all for the help, solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…