Time computers- anything special about them?

jack 16:57 22 Jan 05

I am shortly to take possession of a Time machine
P3 -Win98, whicc is being discarded by a relative, and which I intend to renovate and pass on to a young relative.

The owner is sensitve about personal data remaining on the drive, So I have offered to come to her house and clear the drive and reformat in her presence so that she knows that nothing will be seen by prying eyes.

My question is this

Some large manufacturers do non standard things with operating systems and drive configurationI am given to understand so that simple DOS format and System install is not a straight forward matter.

Is this likely to be the case with a Time machine?

Diodorus Siculus 17:09 22 Jan 05

I have fixed a few Time PCs with Win98 and simply boot with a floppy, format and reinstall the OS. Nothing special necessary - unlie some Compaqs.

jack 19:13 22 Jan 05

Thank you for the reassurance DS

EdFrench 19:18 22 Jan 05

You could do a quick install (If you have it) of PtMagic just to get a visual of any hidden partitions. (Or just use Fdisk to check sizes and usage etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…