Time Computers

navagator 22:51 15 May 03

Everytime I start my new Time computer I get the advert for "Supanet "signup. On running msconfig and looking ito the startup tab, I cannot see anything that resembles this advert to uncheck. Any ideas on how to purge my system of this annoying pest. I can't even find an email address for Time to register my complaint! So much for customer support, it comes at £1 a minute!!

AMD 4 ever 23:05 15 May 03

Have you looked in the start up folder?
Or scanned the C: for the .exe file?

mol01 23:18 15 May 03

navagator - you are looking along the right lines. Check the registry under hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/window/currentversion/run as the command is contained here. There are 2, the other being under hkey_local_machine etc. However, I cannot remember the name of the command exactly. It might be "netcheck". Can you give a list on anything that is not blindingly obvious what it does. If I see it, i'll recognise it.

canard 00:37 16 May 03

start-run-enter msconfig and click OK. Pick startup from the grey cardthing that comes up and uncheck netline registration and netline user.

canard 00:44 16 May 03

correct previous- NOT netline registration BUT internet registration.

navagator 00:55 16 May 03

Many thanks all for your help. Yes I eventually got it. LOL. In msconfig/startup, there was a box called status (c:\program Files\inter) which was checked. Check removed and the end of a very annoying pest! Once again many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…