Time computers

allang 13:28 21 Jan 04

I need to reload my TIME laptop (WIN XP HOME).I paid £59 for a reload cd which turned out to be the wrong one. Chris Bell from Time e-mailed me to say that I should have had a Boot floppy and reload cd's when I bought my laptop and arranged to send replacements and refund my money for the incorrect reload cd.The reload cd's arrived today but no BOOT FLOPPY. I have e-mailed Chris Bell and Ian Shaw at Time today but have not yet had a reply (I appreciate that they are probably busy).I HAVE BEEN WAITING 2 WEEKS to get my laptop back in 100% working order and I appear to be going round in circles.

In the meantime my question is :

Since I can use my laptop,can I get the necessary drivers from my machine and create a boot floppy.The problem with my machine is that I have 100's of cross-linked files and it will work for a short time before it crashes.

Have any of you experts out there got any solutions. Many thanx.

smegs 13:37 21 Jan 04

click here U can get a Xp boot disk from here.

allang 14:06 21 Jan 04

Thanx for your help.As Time hide WIN XP in a hidden partition would a boot disk from the website you suggest cure my problem or are Time Boot disks an odd bunch.(I assume they load the correct drivers to enable reload from the supplied cd's).If I can create one from your suggested website,which one do I pick 'cos there looks to be oodles of them.

allang 14:33 21 Jan 04

billyliv 14:36 21 Jan 04

Hi, As I understand it the booting up files are on the CD. This is part of the process of phasing out floppy drives. Set your bios to boot from CD. Cheers, Bill

allang 14:51 21 Jan 04

You may be right.Have just spoken to a guy on Time customer service and he thinks the same. The incorrect cd booted ok without a floppy so I'll give it a go.Thanx.

smegs 00:57 22 Jan 04

click here This one is for Xp home. click here this one is for XP home SP1. I would got for the Xp home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…