Time computer XP2600+pro.m/board+ram wrong?

tufnut 15:51 23 Jan 03
  tufnut 15:51 23 Jan 03

Above should have ATX KT400 M/BOARD.HAS msi 6712
AND SOFT SANDRA SAYS RAM is SD. should be DDR.
H/drive 120 gb, Total space is 106.9,.....95,4spare 89% Anyone know if the M/board is inferior or is Soft Sandra giving out
wrong data on RAM readout? System also gives out
M/board as MSI MS6712.
Help please

BigMoFoT 16:01 23 Jan 03

In terms of your HD, what Time do is partition the HD with the Windows files, so that when you run the system reload CD it access's those files, so you should lose about a gig to a gig and half - check your bios for a more accurate check.

Should be DDR memory I think, go to click here and type 6712 in search box to get details of mobo.

powerless 16:02 23 Jan 03

SDRAM DDR = DDR RAM

Only way to be sure would be to take a look at the RAM stick itself.

The motherboard again take a look at the motherbaord itself...

Also click here for a second opinion.

BigMoFoT 16:05 23 Jan 03

Just checked and an MSI 6712 has via 400 chipset KTV4!

jazzypop 16:08 23 Jan 03

Download and run the Advisor utility from click here - in my opinion, it is more accurate than Sandra.

I'm pretty sure that buried deep in the small print, there is a clause that gives Time the right to substitute 'equivalent' components.

The motherboards may or may not be equivalent - if you have been supplied with SD instead of DDR, that does not seem equivalent to me.

nightporter 16:09 23 Jan 03

The msi 6712 is a KT400.

tufnut 13:20 24 Jan 03

Thanks to all of you for your help.
I have already been to the sites of aforementioned M/boards...It seems that they wiil only accept DDR and that One can have DDRSD
ram. The joystick port in (advert illustraion),
is missing from my computer. I could not use,reload as it was the wrong one.Ihad to use,driver disk, system froze every time,powered up.thanks again. tufnut

tufnut 13:41 24 Jan 03

Thanks for "Advisor", I have downloaded it and will
give it a try...I think all you helper's are great!....Thank's again,and all the very best.

Tufnut.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…