Time Computer winXP installed in FAT32

Giggle n' Bits 12:57 07 Jul 06

And it has a 120GB HDD. I was lead to believe that if the HDD is bigger than 35GB then it should be installed in NTFS and Not FAT32.

Can someone please confirm this is correct that it should be installed in the NTFS file system for over 35GB especially 120GB as in my mates machine.

Oh, and because is a 2yr old Tiny PC WinXP Home with them Pre-installed winXP supplied with a Recovery CD, is is possible and safe to convert to NTFS and how to do it please if this is correct.

Sorry so many questions about one subject.

VoG II 12:59 07 Jul 06
  MAJ 13:04 07 Jul 06

It can be formatted as either but as it's an XP system, it's better to have it as NTFS. To convert to NTFS, go to start > Run and type in CMD and click OK when the cmd window opens, type in

convert c: /fs:ntfs

(assuming his drive is the C: drive) and press the Return key on your keyboard.

medicine hat 13:16 07 Jul 06

Windows won't format in FAT32 if the size is over 35GB, as you say, but can happily deal with HDDs up to 2TB formatted in FAT32. The drive was probably mass formatted on some seperate machine to make the production line more efficient.

Is your mates' drive running out of available space?

Giggle n' Bits 23:40 07 Jul 06

Some reading to do there which I will do.

My worry if I convert this Tiny WinXP 120GB ATA HDD to NTFS would it work or cause any problems ? The main reason is because this Tiny branded PC has its windows PRE- Installed and is supplied with a Factory Recovery CD. If I muck it up my mate won't be very a happy bunny.

The recovery partition is not made with Symantec Ghost software its something else which I have never heard of.

Can Anyone out a percentage on the success rate maybe ?

Regards

s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…