Time Computer - Restore

spoonyloony 12:11 02 Oct 03

Hello..........my friend has been having a problem with his Time PC model 362-50-52. He kept getting messages about activeX but when he tried to adjust settings was unsuccessful in as far as file/progs on his machine would not open.

I took pc from him...formatted HD and then installed WIN98 ( machine had WINME originaly)

Now have a major problem in that I have no way of knowing how/which drivers came with it for PCI etc and modem does not get recognised.

I have no real pc knowledge apart from trial and error !!!!!!

Does anyone know if its possible to get a restore disk or something?

Many many thanks

Steve

phono 13:45 02 Oct 03

A restore CD probably came with the PC, some OEMs also have a 'hidden' partition on the hard drive which holds the required files for a restore, this may well still be there if you didn't fdisk the drive.

spoonyloony 19:00 02 Oct 03

Thanks..........sorry I forgot to mention that he can't find the restore disk as they have moved house and lost it in the proccess...

cfcnick 19:45 02 Oct 03

Could try going to the Time support website where they have lists of drivers for older machines,might be helpful.

largeone 20:03 02 Oct 03

here you go spoonyloony
try this link
click here
and download the application
and just run it
it will tell you all the hardware and most of the software you have on youre pc

R4 20:26 02 Oct 03

The Belarc Advisor does not find all the hardware on a PC, if it on a scsi interface or port it may miss the hardware.

spoonyloony:

You may need drivers for your motherboard so you may need to go to the their site for them.... (usualy VIA; AMD or SIS)... They have to be installed as soom as you have loaded Windows. Belarc Advisor can tell you what your make motherboard is.

The modem will probabley work with one of the MS generic drivers supplied with Win 98.

rev.bem 23:21 02 Oct 03

Go to Time support

click here

Click on whats inside your PC,identify your PC and click on the appropriate link,this will take you to a page where your PC's innards are listed and will link to the drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…