//some 3rd party need geo

time on comp

neghness 17:11 19 Jun 04

a friend of mine has a problem with his clock. he can't change the time. he can chanhge the sate, and change what time zone he is in, but not the actual time. at the moment he is set at gmt -7 hours to get the right time. he is logged on with admin privalages.
i didn't ask what version of windows he is running, sorry.. just wondering how he can fix it, if anyone knows.
thanks in advance

hugh-265156 17:23 19 Jun 04

double click the clock in the tray and the date and time properties screen will be displayed.

in the time box shown bottom right highlight the hours or Min's and use the up down tabs to change the time. apply and ok.

alternatively click 'internet time/update now' if you have the option. IE/ windows xp

neghness 17:29 19 Jun 04

yah, should have mentioned it before sorry. the up and and down tabs are greyed out. and he can't type the correct time straight into the box

Gandalph 17:31 19 Jun 04

As an alternative to huggyg71 solution there is also an Atomic Clock sync programme which you can get from click here a very useful little tool.

neghness 17:34 19 Jun 04

cheers ganalph, i'll suggest this to him next time i see him on friday. if anyone else has any suggestion on how to fix it, please continue posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…