TIME 2000 Laptop

alexgray104 16:30 19 Jun 06

Hello All,
I have been given a TIME 2000 laptop. It currently has an AMD K6 450mhz processor, 6GB harddrive and 64mb RAM. This is going to be for my mum so it will just have Office 97 (maybe office XP - see how it handles it) and SAGE accounting program. It is currently running a clean windows98. It struggles with just 64mb RAM in it, so I was thinking about taking the 64 chip out and putting a 256mb one in. I have had no experience with TIME laptops before and I cannot find a support website or number to tell me which type of laptop ram i need. Does anybody know of an email address or phone number, or does anybody know on here what type it needs. Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Alex

woodchip 16:34 19 Jun 06

Take the plate off the bottom you may see the Ram and it should have identifying marks on it. Don't know if it will be old Sdram or the newer Sodim but there are little clips at each end of ram to free it

alexgray104 16:36 19 Jun 06

Thanks very much for the advice - I just didn't want to fork out for the wrong sort!
Cheers,
Alex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…