time

pat2068 01:02 24 May 05

i received a message that my time was not synchronazing with time windows .com it is telleng me that the time cannot sychronize because the sample time was rejected because the peers stratum is less tham the hosts stratum does anyone know what this means what that means thanks leo

rubella 01:15 24 May 05

leo the lion œ

click here

DieSse 01:28 24 May 05

Are you on a network? - if so you should consult your network administrator, as time synchronisation on networks is a bit more involved - and you should definately NOT be attempting to synchronise your time directly with an external source. The error message you are getting may be because of that.

OR

You could simply try a different time server :-

To adjust the utility in any version of Windows XP, right-click the time display on the taskbar, choose Adjust Date/Time, click the Internet Time tab, and check Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server.

If you want to sync directly with NIST, choose the alternate server time.nist.gov from a drop-down list. Then click Update Now, and Windows will synchronize your PC's clock. Or you can enter one of the other available servers.

Adding other servers to the list click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…