Time

chasbea28 19:03 18 Jun 04

Everytime I start my comp. the time at bottem right has changed.
Any solutions out there.

pj123 19:15 18 Jun 04

What do mean "it has changed". Does it show the right time? I must admit that I have never, ever had to replace a mobo battery in any computer that I have had ( and I have still got a 486 DX40 running win 95 and the time is right) it could be you need a new battery.

Shas 23:12 18 Jun 04

The clock on my computer at work (5 years old) kept jumping back a complete hour, (at any time of day, no apparent pattern.) Following advice on here I changed the battery, which sorted it for a while, then it started happening again so I changed the time in the bios, but it still did it occasionally. Last advice was to check the battery voltage and do a bios update, which is way above me, so it's staying as it is until I get around to bribing the computer techie next door with a bottle of red to sort it for me!

bretsky 00:39 19 Jun 04

Don't know if you have done this already, Double click the clock and click the internet time tab and then check the " automatically synchronize with an internet time server" then update now>click apply, ok

bretsky ;0)

chasbea28 08:51 19 Jun 04

Thank you all for your help.
Correct time now, will se if it continues.
Chasbea

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…