the (tilde) button in the keyboard is not working

bibo1465 21:34 17 Oct 05

hi everyone

Please i need you help.I can't use the (tilde) button in my keyboard.

When i play a game,to be able to bring the console in to use the cheat codes,they asked while playing press the tilde button to bring the console in.

I pressed the control button then tilde button nothing happened,no console showed up.

I thought the problem from my keyboard, i used my nephew keyboard,and tried again,nothing happened the same thing happened(no console).

Can you please help me solving this problem,and thank you for your help in advance
bibo

DieSse 21:49 17 Oct 05

Why did you press the Ctrl button first?

Check the tilde button using your word processor - if it works there it's not a keyboard problem.

DieSse 21:51 17 Oct 05

PS - just to check - this is a tilde ~

Just checking - no offence meant!

bibo1465 22:00 17 Oct 05

Hi DieSse

I press the CTRL button because you can't use the tilde button without pressing the CTRL key.

yes you are right the tilde sign is right.

as you mentioned i was able to use it while in word processing.

how come i can't use use while in game.please help me

Thank you again for the quick reply.
bibo

DieSse 22:02 17 Oct 05

I don't think you shoul be pressing the Ctrl button - the tilde is just a charcter key on the keyboard, just like any other. Probably you should be pressing the Shift key at the same time, but not, I think, the Ctrl key.

Methedrine 22:08 17 Oct 05

For most games the button you should you be pressing is the one under the escape key.

woodchip 22:28 17 Oct 05

You cannot press Ctrl + ~ unless you let go and press shift. As Ctrl as no effect on #

bibo1465 23:08 17 Oct 05

-I pressed tilde without pressing the CTRL key.
-Methedrine:I preesed the one below escape button.
-shift at the same for tilde

ALL of them nothing helped, i still can't see and use the console,again please help me

thank you
bibo

woodchip 23:09 17 Oct 05

You have to press Shift+~

woodchip 23:16 17 Oct 05

What Operating System are you using?

splork 23:24 17 Oct 05

You normally have to enable the console in games with additions to the shortcut. I know this isn't the case for all games - which game is it, and has it worked successfully until now? Getting the console up I mean...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…