tiger woods 07 not supporting video card???

simonsup 19:13 30 Oct 06

hi just upgraded my graphics card from a geforce 6/6600/256meg/8xagp to a geforce 7/7600GS/256meg/
8xagp.

Now tiger woods 07 wont run saying this game does not offically support the video card???? Help.
Im using latest graphics drivers.
:(

Totally-braindead 19:19 30 Oct 06

The 7600 is meant to be supported click here
Goto START RUN and type DXDIAG and see if it reports any faults and post back

Totally-braindead 19:33 30 Oct 06

I've spent a bit of time trawling through EA games website and cannot find any mention of this issue or any patches for the game, however it is new so perhaps that the answer ie no patches created yet as the games too new.
If the DXDIAG brings up no faults whatsoever then I can only suggest an Email to EA games technical support and see if they can help.
I have a 7600GS and have had no problems with any game at all so far, but I haven't tried the Tiger Woods one of course.

simonsup 19:42 30 Oct 06

hi dxdiag failed the tests, what do i do now?

gudgulf 19:45 30 Oct 06

As Totally-braindead says your card should be supported.

Which version of the nVidia drivers do you have?

Is the card being correctly identified by your pcs BIOS as it boots up?

If there is an "Auto-detect optimum settings" function in the game try running it to reset things to match the new card.

Open Device Manager and look for any yellow warning triangles,especially for the graphics adapter.

Make sure you also update your motherboard chipset and audio drivers.

Lastly try reinstalling the game.

Totally-braindead 19:50 30 Oct 06

If it failed the tests then the first thing I would do is make sure you have the correct driver, the one you should have is this if you're running XP click here I'm afraid its a massive download. If you don't fancy trying that then dig out the disk you should have got with your new video card and install that one. You will have to remove the driver you are using just now first, check add/remove programs under control panel.

simonsup 19:52 30 Oct 06

im using latest video drivers 91.47
bios reports it correctly, everything else is fine.
direct x says agp texture not available, and it passes the test direct draw but fails on the
test direct 3D

Totally-braindead 19:52 30 Oct 06

Before you start this goto control panel and check under system then device manager and check there are no exclamation marks just in case its something else.

simonsup 19:54 30 Oct 06

device manager is fine

Totally-braindead 19:55 30 Oct 06

I've just tried my 7600GS and it passes all tests including the one you failed.
What version of DirectX do you have installed? The latest is 9c.

Totally-braindead 20:01 30 Oct 06

Just had another thought. Have you connected the extra power connector to the card. I'm not sure if this would stop the Direct 3d test but its easy to check.
Failing that I would reinstall the motherboard drivers then reinstall the graphics card drivers and then if that failed reinstall the game. This is in case something has become corrupt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video