Tiff to Jpeg

Spr 23:11 22 Nov 09

I’ve taken a few digital photos running them through Microsoft Office Picture Management & CS 3, they come out as Tiff file; in safe as there is only tiff file highlighted is there any way I can change them to jpeg

Sparkly 06:54 23 Nov 09

Spr
Hi try opening the photo in paint or another editing prog and then select File>Save As>then select JPEG in the save as box from the drop down menu.

hssutton 08:25 23 Nov 09

In CS3 go to "Image">>"Mode" and change from 16 bit/channel to 8 bit/channel. you will then find that you will be able to save as Jpg

BT 08:30 23 Nov 09

I don't have CS3 but in CS2 you can get all the format options in the Save As menu in the same way as Sparky suggests.

hssutton 11:20 23 Nov 09

you get all the "Save As" options, but only if the file is 8 Bit. if the image file is 16/32bit then most of the options including jpg will be greyed out.

BT 16:31 23 Nov 09

OK
But as PS default is usually 8 Bit, I don't think many people tend to use 16 or 32 bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…