Tidy up my computer.

towunda 11:25 16 Jan 04

Im trying to tidy up my computer so it will run a bit faster! I'd like to get rid of all unnessary files but havent got a clue which ones to get rid of and how to get rid of them. Is there some software, maybe free download, that could help me with this??? Cheers. T

Diemmess 11:32 16 Jan 04

As well as ordinary housekeeping rules! Doubtless lots of others will give their help on these.

My I plead before you do anything much....... Spend money on good Image (backup software). Not only useful if you overdo it, but as a routine safety measure in the next year or two.

plsndrs3 11:34 16 Jan 04

You don't mention which version of Windows you have.

Please advise.

Paul

canard 11:37 16 Jan 04

Empty your temporary internet files and do a defrag.You can do these without being a geek!

towunda 11:40 16 Jan 04

..sorry forgot to mention, Im running Win ME.

Belatucadrus 11:41 16 Jan 04

click here G-lock temp cleaner

click here RegSeeker

click here System Wiper

Between the threee they should clean out any rubbish & tidy up the registry.

plsndrs3 11:44 16 Jan 04

You might want to look here, loads of freeware that will do the tidying up for you

click here

Would suggest that the system maintenance & registry cleaners might be somewhere to start, but there are over 69 categories - on the first page so hunt for what you need!

HTH

Paul

towunda 16:12 17 Jan 04

Thanks everyone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…