Tidy up desktop Menu Bars

JWB 11:26 14 Jul 03

Being the novice that I am, I'm having trouble getting rid of some of the programmes that I assume load up when I start my PC (Windows XP). The particularly annoying ones are on the menu bar, bottom right next to the clock, such as Quicktime, Windows Messenger, etc. etc..

Can anyone shed some light on where I need to go to get these off at Start Up, i.e disable them.

Many Thanks.

-pops- 11:35 14 Jul 03

Click the start button and then RIGHT click on a blank area of the green or blue (in pro version) at the bottom iunder All Programs. Click on the Properite box that comes up then on Start Menu, Task Bar, Customize (at the bottom again. you will be presented with a list of startup items. Click on the Behaviour of each one and you are given a list of alternatives for the way these appear.

This will hide the items. Be very careful about disabling anything unless you are certain of what you're doing.

Sounds complex but dead easy really.

-pops- 15:30 14 Jul 03

Received by email:

"Thanks for the response. I'd like to disable some programmes, like Quicktime at start up as I never use them and I'm assuming that this will free up some resources. How do I do that?"

I'd like to leave this to someone else to answer as last time I did it, it didn't work too well!!

leo49 16:04 14 Jul 03

click here

See above for Windows components

See below for Programs

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…