Ticketmaster's email servers hacked...

imaginarynumber 12 Feb 12

Whenever I receive potentially malicious spam from bonefide companies I try to contact them.

Yesterday after receiving an obviously fake Adobe email from TicketMaster I headed off to the ticketmaster site.

What a surprise, the only way to contact them is to phone them on a 0844 number. Naturally my desire to help them evaporated when I calculated that it would probably take me in excess of 10 minutes at 40pmm (t-mobile) to notify them.

If firms really were serious about security then they would provide a reasonable means for the public to notify them of any issues.

Below is a link to the email headers reported elsewhere

http://www.diynot.com/forums/software/potentially-malicious-spam-from-ticketmastercom.312261/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message